Thursday, September 22, 2011

14 september 2011

Bueno familia,

Hey I got your letter this week! :) thanks so much it was muy bueno! :) I have been getting mail recently and it is great! :) thanks! this week has been super nuts! we have a baptism coming up on friday and Kelly is super excited for it! :) she can't wait!! she asked me to baptise her and Help her to make this covenant! What a great opportunity!!! All the missionaries are looking forward to it:) they say there is a special spirit about a deaf baptism that can't really be explained! :) I can't wait!! Conducting, baptising, leading the singing! can't wait!! the lord is blessing us as we do our best to help him!!! :)

this week in Institute class we Learned about revelation and why personal revelation is crucial, that it is the only way that we can progress and become closer to our heavenly father... The teacher then challenged us to once again pray to know if the book of mormon is true and if joseph smith is a prophet. I remember when Elder bradley first got here. we were tracting and came upon a Jehovah Witness man. we taught him for a few minutes then left. Elder Bradley asked me why people won't listen to us and why this work was so hard. I leaned over to him and asked him why are you here? he looked at me and said hmm. with a puzzled face then I asked him again... why are you here? His simple answer was to teach people about the gospel. I looked him in the eyes and said simply to Baptise. he looked again at me confused and said I don't understand. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ through faith in jesus christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end!

Christ made this all possible. We mess up we repent, we start over again and mess up, but we don't give up we continue on the road back to the celestial Kingdom through Faith in jesus Christ, repentance, baptism ( partaking of the sacrament each week), Living worthy of the Holy ghost, and enduring to the End, keeping this cycle going and active in our lives. As we do so we will be blessed by our faith and determiniation to follow him!

He loves us and is ready for us to follow him. now is our time to do so, to "Raise the Bar" and do a little bit more for him. Forget ourselves and go to work. go about his work. Follow him!


I Love you !! hope ya'll have a great week!!!

_\../ Elder Karlson \../_


Arizona Tucson Mission
939 W Chapalla Drive
Tucson, AZ 85704

No comments:

Post a Comment