Tuesday, December 21, 2010

21 December 2010

Wow this week has been crazy!!! Lots of new changes, things happening in the mission! we had transfers today! Crazy! I can't believe it! The time here is slipping by so fast and the work even though it is slow is progressing! This week we had so many miracle! not many lessons taught, or numbers, but a lot happened. Taking Elder Kane's place, well really isn't possible!! Those are some really big shoes to fill, but it is working out quite well! :) Elder Bohman is way awesome! we have had a lot of fun the last well 4 days wow it hasn't been that many already right? crazy! anyway! so on Saturday Elder Bohman and I were going to contact a referral we were given on Craycroft and well basically 29th street. We arrived at our destination and parked. We got out of the car and I looked up! there were 4 deaf people staring at us looking us straight in the eyes. I walked over to them and initiated conversation with them. Much to my surprise they knew NO American Sign Language!!!! They knew their name and well they struggled to fingerspell them to me! Their language skills were limited to the Max!! I then looked over to my companion who all in himself has very limited language skills! He can express he just can't recipt what is being said, and he said I don't know what they said! They can't read they can't write and they can't communicate with us! I thought to myself and then prayed for help! I then looked at my companion and then back at the four deaf people in front of me and I began to act out the first lesson : The restoration of the gospel which includes: God and Jesus Christ love us, Families Love us, Gospel brought to pass in every dispensation, Jesus Christ life and ministry, apostasy, Joseph Smith, and Prayer. I after being done teaching them looked at them once again this time they had a glow in them, they were smiling and well their countenance changed! after investigating a little more we found out they weren't from here! and well nowhere near here in fact they came from like Korea some place in ASIA! nuts! I couldn't believe it!
This work is amazing, and soooooo much fun!!!
well as for the news you were probably looking for the Christmas Call.............. Well I have news for you.................. we will be calling about well hmmmmm........ between like 11:30 a.m.----about 1:00 p.m. that is the soonest we are able to call!!!! We are limited to about one hour to time! Between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 min anything over that we will get rebuked for! ha ha!

I will also be using Sorenson Video interpreter to be able to understand what is up! just like last year with elder kane interpreting, I will use an interpreter on the screen, it will be a delayed response a little maybe a second or 2 also the woman might answer and explain before I am connected, but don't worry it will be my voice!
Life here in Arizona couldn't be better than it is now! I hope all is well with you talk to you on Saturday!!

Love you,

--
_\../ Elder Karlson \../_

korbyn.karlson@myldsmail.net
1840 east river road ste 102
Tucson, AZ 85718


The mission office will be moving soon!!!!!!

they are in the process of building a new one to be finished in mid march!
just heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment